About the Artist
The first camera I had was my Pentax K-1000 that my dad gave me when I graduated high school. I was on my way to attend design school and needed a camera for my photo 101 class. I was hooked the first time I heard the shutter snap. That was my beginning in photography. I found myself spending hours in the darkroom just because it was so fun and I wans't even a photography major! I went on from there to have a long career in design and digital marketing but I have never let photography go by the wayside. It is who I am, a photographer.
Even though photography has had such huge advances in the last decade I still prefer to use traditional photographic methods with film and optical printing on silver gelatin based paper in a darkroom to produce my final pieces. No two prints are exactly the same. Each print is a labor of love and hand made by me.
I believe that every person sees the world in their own unique way. We are influenced by different forces, which we use to form opinions about how to look at things. Art influences us into seeing things differently than we normally view the world. I photograph to influence peoples way of seeing the world around them, turning the ordinary into the extraordinary.
- 2016 - 2nd Place, Architecture Category, Big Sky Country State Fair, Bozeman MT
- 2015 - Light Sensitive 2015 – Celebrating Images From the Darkroom, Juried Exhibition, Art Intersection, Gilbert AZ
- 2015 _ Eye of the Camera, Juried Exhibition, Littleton Museum, Littleton CO
- 2014 - Friday Night Art Walk Individual Show, Found Above Ground, Louisville CO
- 2014 - Eye of the Camera, Juried Exhibition, Littleton Museum, Littleton CO
- 2013 - Gallery NRC, Denver Colorado, "Comminity Show"
- 2013 - Gallery NRC, Denver Colorado, "Motion" juried exhibition
- 2013 - Eye of the Camera, Juried Exhibition, Littleton Museum, Littleton CO
- 2008 - View Camera Magazine Foto3, Fort Collins CO